Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ON THE BRINK OF... SOMETHING...

I sit in wonder and in immense gratitude for the various reviews coming in on A Perfect Husband, my debut novel introducing Sami Saxton to the reading community. So far the response has been unanimous... you don't need to have a tattoo,  a dragon on your back, a motorcycle in the garage or the ability to speak 22 different languages in 22 different countries... Sami Saxton is real, she's human, she is one of us and she's ready to 'kick ass' (with her dog Blue, of course) by her own two hands, her amazing ingenuity and gut instinct. That is exactly how I write. Gut! I don't want the fancy gimmicks, the exotic locations or a back story that differs so much more than what you and I have been through. ENOUGH! But, along with the hype and acclaim for APH there is the other side. I never gave up on my dream. Although few people knew about it, a quiet confidence prevailed. I worked at it...
And, now I feel a despair for those left behind. Is it NOT enough for me to swim in the hope pond. It is NOT enough for me to congratulate fellow swimmers treading water in that pond. It is NOT enough for me to wade out of the frozen water and look back, want support and then have them turn their back. It was easier then, it was easier there... it was easier in the numb waters of hopeful want... but it was NOT for me...
keep writing... keep creating...
It is all in YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome I am at crzzycindy@yahoo.com and gmail and msn all are crzzycindy. LOL I am writing about my life or attempting to (rough) try. Raised by alcoholic mother, several foster homes, childrens homes, a great great granddaughter of the founding fathers who signed the Declaration of Independence and no way to treat a decendent of Queen Victoria. I am also a comedian but of course with a life like that what would I be? Out of tagedy comes comedy. What was it that made you pick this topic and write this book? Cyndie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dear friend of mine who I dedicated the book to. Her name was Patricia and she was the owner of THAT cabin and I was the proud custodian for almost three years. It gave me the motivation to write the story and create the plot. I hope you're enjoying it!!!
    Douglas

    ReplyDelete